Racing FAQs

What kind of cars race at CTS?
Stock Cars! We race 12 different classes here at CTS: Bandoleros, Legend cars, Lone Star Legacy Series, Dwarf Cars, Texas Pro Sedans, Texas Asphalt Limited Modified Series, Sport Compacts, Grand Stocks, Super Street Stocks, Trucks, Pro Modifieds, and Pro Late Models.
How can I race at CTS?
Anyone can race! You have to have your own car that is in spec. of the class in which you would like to drive. You can find the rules and specs. to all classes under our driver and crew tab under racing. Kids as young as 8 years old can race bandoleros! The Rusty Wallace Race Experience also comes to our facility twice a year. The RWRE will get you behind the wheel and in the passenger seat of a real stock car! For more info, call 855-22RUSTY or visit
How much do tickets cost?
General admission tickets to our stock car races cost $15 per person. Kids 12 and under are free (General admission section only) We have VIP and All Access passes available for purchase on Friday only Pit pass $20 2 Day Pit Pass Driver $50 2 Day Pit Pass Crew & Fans $45 Saturday Only Pit Pass $30 $3 Military and Senior Citizen discounts are available with proof of ID
Why should I pre purchase my tickets?
We have a special price of 2 tickets for $25 available online only! Plus, you don't have to wait in the ticket purchase line, you walk right up to the wristband table!
Are there Hotels near by?
Yes! check with HotelsCombined for hotels in the Buda, Kyle area!
Can I bring my cooler?
No, CTS has several bars available on-site. We have cold beer, frozen ritas, cold water, and sodas!
What time do the races usually start?
The gates open at 3 PM when qualifying starts. The opening ceremonies are normally at 6 PM and race start right after. Our detailed race schedules are normally released the week of the race and can be found on our website and facebook page.
Can I bring my pet?
Yes, CTS is pet friendly your pet must stay on a leash and be cleaned up after.
Can I drop my kids off?
No, all children MUST be accompanied by an adult 18 yrs or older.
How can I be a vendor at the races?
We welcome local vendors with open arms! If you are selling food, you have to be permitted in Hays County to operate. Call 512-268-1114 to learn more info about being a vendor. Our vendor fees are normally $50 per event.
What can I bring to the races?
Lawn chairs-OK Baby Food- OK Blankets- OK 1 Bottle of Water- OK Coolers- NO Outside food or drink- NO Umbrellas- NO Guns and Weapons- NO Beer or alcohol- NO
Is the CAR BAR open to General Admission?
YES! The Car Bar is our large, sit down bar located by our main office. Whether it is to get away from the loud cars, watch your favorite team win the game, or visit one of your favorite drivers that pits in the car bar, everyone is always welcome.
Central Texas Speedway